These are some of the things that God is (was) pleased about:
- God Was Pleased With Jesus – The Son Of God
God was pleased with Jesus. Twice it is stated in the Bible where God said that Jesus was his beloved Son in whom he was well pleased . . . at Jesus’ baptism in the river Jordan (Matt. 3:17), and at his transfiguration on a high mountain (Matt. 17:5).
- God Was Pleased That Even As Man, Jesus Was Wholly God
God was pleased that in Jesus the divine fullness of the Godhead dwell. For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in him (Jesus) permanently. ~ Col.1:19
- God Was Pleased To Have Jesus Suffer As A Sacrifice Offering To Take Away Our Sin
Yet the Lord was pleased [willing, delighted] to crush [bruise] him, causing him to suffer; If he would give himself as a guilt offering [an atonement for sin], he shall see his [spiritual] offspring, he shall prolong his days, and the will (good pleasure) of the Lord shall succeed and prosper in his hand. ~ Isa. 53:10.
- God Was Pleased To Adopt Us As His Own Children Through Jesus Christ
For God foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent] ~ Eph. 1:5
- God Is Pleased When We Have Faith In Him (in his existence, and that he will do as he promised)
But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him. ~ Heb. 11:6
- God Is Pleased In Our Sacrifices Of Praise And Kindness To Others In Need
Through him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of our lips (to thankfully acknowledge and glorify His name). Also, do not forget or neglect to do kindness and good, to be generous and distribute and contribute to the needy [of the church as embodiment and proof of fellowship], for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. ~ Heb. 13:15 – 17
- God Is Pleased In Uprightness And Integrity
I know, my God, that you test [examine, search] people’s hearts. You are pleased [happy] when people do what is right [ you delight in integrity/ uprightness] ~ 1 Chr.29:17b.
- God Is Pleased When We Honour Him And Put Our Hope In His Steadfast Love
The Lord is pleased with those who fear and worship Him [with awe-inspired reverence and obedience], Those who wait for His mercy and lovingkindness. ~ Psalm 147:11.
- God Is Pleased When The Sinful Repents
Do I take pleasure in the death of the wicked? says the Lord God. Certainly not! Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways, and live? ~ Ezek. 18:23.
- God Is Pleased When Children Are Obedient To Their Parents
Children, it is your Christian duty to obey your parents always, in all things, for this [attitude of respect and obedience] is what pleases God. ~ Col. 3:20.